This is your church.
Each kid and student at Nativity is unique! We see many different needs in our young people. The need to belong is one of the most important. That’s why we have Buddy Ministry. It’s our way of helping those with special needs to belong. This is your church.
Buddy Ministry helps every kid and student to participate. Put simply, here’s how:
- We meet your family and learn how we can serve you.
- As we adapt to meet your family and your child’s needs, we make an individual plan for your child that can include special equipment, preparing ministers, and perhaps pairing your child with a buddy who helps them participate.
- We continue the relationship with your family as long as it’s helpful for your child’s growth and development.
We have served families with children of all special needs: behavioral, emotional, cognitive, and physical. We also have a newly formed team of specialists just for individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing. Whatever your child’s needs, we will partner with you so your child has a great experience at church.
To begin, please complete the inquiry form below.
Then we will take a look and contact you to set up a time to meet. Thanks for allowing us to serve your family!
DO NOT USE
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
Vision of Buddy Ministry
The Buddy Ministry exists to help kids and students with special needs access our programs and ministries, while growing in a relationship with Christ in a safe and accepting environment and empowering caregivers to do the same.
Deaf and Hard of Hearing
Nativity offers support for children and youth who are deaf and hard of hearing (DHH) as they grow in their faith through the Next Generation programs. To meet the diversity of communication styles and various hearing technologies within the deaf and hard of hearing community, Next Gen programs respect all forms of communication and technological use to ensure a positive, inclusive, and welcoming church experience. In an effort to promote access to programs for children and youth who are deaf and hard of hearing, Nativity provides:
- Sign language interpreting services
- Teacher of the deaf/HH to offer direct support to children in group activities
- Visually accessible environment through visuals, room set-up, etc.
- Accommodations and modifications
- Use of assistive technology during church-sponsored activities
- Support to Next Gen ministers in the use of hearing technology, teaching strategies, and effective communication access.
Every child and student should be able to receive the Sacraments because we believe that’s where Jesus comes to meet us. If your child would like to receive First Reconciliation (Confession), First Communion, or Confirmation, we can adapt to meet your child’s needs. You can start the conversation by completing the inquiry form on this page.