Last Updated November 2, 2021
Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at Church of the Nativity (“company”, “we”, “us”, or “our”). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at [email protected].
Table of Contents
- What information do we collect?
- How do we use your information?
- Will your information be shared with anyone?
- Do we use Google Maps?
- How long do we keep your information?
- How do we keep your information safe?
- Do we collect information from minors?
- Do California residents have specific privacy rights?
- Do we make updates to this policy?
- How can you contact us about this policy?
1. What information do we collect?
Personal information you disclose to us
In Short: We collect personal information that you provide to us such as name, address, contact information, passwords and security data, payment information, and social media login data.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when registering at the Sites or Apps, expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, when participating in activities on the Sites or Apps (such as posting messages in our online forums or entering competitions, contests or giveaways) or otherwise contacting us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Sites or Apps, the choices you make and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect can include the following:
- Name and Contact Data. We collect your first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar contact data.
- Credentials. We collect passwords, password hints, and similar security information used for authentication and account access.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
Information automatically collected
Some information – such as IP address and/or browser and device characteristics – is collected automatically when you visit our Sites or Apps.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Sites or Apps. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Sites or Apps and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Sites or Apps, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
2. How do we use your information?
We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
We use personal information collected via our Sites or Apps for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests (“Business Purposes”), in order to enter into or perform a contract with you (“Contractual”), with your consent (“Consent”), and/or for compliance with our legal obligations (“Legal Reasons”). We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To send administrative information to you for Business Purposes and/or Legal Reasons – we may use your personal information to send you product, service and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- Request Feedback for our Business Purposes – we may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Sites or Apps.
- To protect our Sites for Legal Reasons – we may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our Sites or Apps safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To enable user-to-user communications with your Consent – we may use your information in order to enable user-to-user communications with each user’s consent.
- To enforce our terms, conditions and policies for Business Purposes – and/or for Legal Reasons.
- For other Business Purposes – we may use your information for other Business Purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Sites or Apps, products, services, marketing and your experience.
3. Will your information be shared with anyone?
We share and disclose your information in the following situations:
- Compliance with Laws. We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests and Legal Rights. We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- With your Consent. We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
Data obtained through the short code program will not be shared with any third-parties for their marketing reasons/purposes.
5. Do we use Google Maps?
Yes, we use Google Maps for the purpose of providing better service.
By using our Maps API Implementation, you agree to be bound by Google’s Terms of Service. You agree to allow us to obtain or cache your location. You may revoke your consent at anytime. We use information about location in conjunction with data from other data providers.
6. How long do we keep your information?
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
7. How do we keep your information safe?
We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Sites or Apps is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
8. Do we collect information from minors?
We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Sites or Apps, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Sites or Apps. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at [email protected].
9. What are your privacy rights?
You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
If you are resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/dataprotection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm
Church of the Nativity partners with several technology providers in order to deliver the best possible online experience to visitors. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the Privacy Policies of these providers by following the links below:
Disclaimer of Reliability:
Church of the Nativity makes no representations or warranties regarding the condition or functionality of this website, its suitability for use, or that this web service will be uninterrupted or error-free.
Disclaimer of Damages:
By using an Church of the Nativity website, you assume all risks associated with the use of the site, including any risk to your computer, software or data being damaged by any virus, software, or any other file that might be transmitted or activated via an Church of the Nativity website or your access to it. Church of the Nativity shall not be liable for any damages of any kind (general, special, incidental or consequential damages, including, without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits) resulting from the use or misuse of the information contained in a Church of the Nativity website.
Disclaimer of Endorsement:
Reference herein to any specific commercial product, process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by Church of the Nativity. The views and opinions of authors expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of Church of the Nativity, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
Copyrights and Trademarks:
Copyright (c) 2021 Church of the Nativity All Rights Reserved
All material on this website is copyrighted by Church of the Nativity, except for some material that is copyrighted by others and used here by permission. Copyrighted material may not be copied, reproduced or otherwise used for commercial purposes without the written permission of the copyright holder. This site also contains some trademarks, which may not be appropriated by persons other than the trademark owner and may not be used contrary to trademark law. If you wish to request permission to use materials in a manner otherwise prohibited herein, please send an email to: [email protected] or contact us via telephone at (410) 252-6080.
Opting out of email marketing: You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list – however, we will still need to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account. To otherwise opt out, you may access your account settings and update preferences.
10. Do California residents have specific privacy rights?
Yes, if you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the Sites or Apps, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Sites or Apps. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Sites or Apps, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems.
11. Do we make updates to this policy?
Yes, we will update this policy as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
12. How can you contact us about this policy?
If you have questions or comments about this policy, you may email us at [email protected] or by post to:
Church of the Nativity
20 E Ridgely Road
Timonium, MD 21093
If you have any further questions or comments about us or our policies, email us at [email protected] or by post to:
Church of the Nativity
20 E Ridgely Road
Timonium, MD 21093